Wednesday, September 30, 2009

First Entry



I as a greedy trader attracted into stock market in search for a method or an indicator (Holy grail) to buy low sell high, buy high and sell higher or sell low and buy lower, whatever method or indicator I tried I am not able to generate consistent profit, maybe I am too greedy, no disciplined method and money management, no stoploss and emotional trades which ripped me apart, later these things are good lesson learnt.

As per me only two kind of character in the market, One who has money and the other who has knowledge(experience and discipline)-during the day progress these two exchange what they have to each other.

The beginning of a trading I was filled with fear and greed, after initial glitches I started reading as many books about market as possible, which turned out to be another problem as a self thought technical trader I am ready to wade into an ocean of stocks with a raft of ideas. As a trader I soon discovered, a good idea does not always translate into a good trade.

After a long string of losing trades and jumping from one idea to another to capture a portion of a price move than to generate a positive cash flow (Make Money), that’s when I realized of having a “SYSTEM” a single cornerstone of successful trading.

I consider myself as a novice trader, nevertheless a very well disciplined system trader.

- umamaheswaran

No comments:

Post a Comment